To sum up
RIANS, Laiteries H. Triballat group, is a family company settled since 1901 at the heart of the Berry, at the little village of Rians, and is specialized in the conception, production and distribution of fresh dairy products. Rians employs more than 1,300 employees worldwide.
Context and challenges
Reporting and forecasts processes reflect the complexity of the group, with lots of analysis axes :
- a wide wallet of products,
- a multi-channel distribution,
- in France and abroad.
Facing the limits of the Excel tool, the financial team wanted to implement an agile and robuste management tool dedicated to the controlling function in order to reinforce the financial efficiency, in particular on two primary aspects :
- turnover decomposition (tariff descent)
- automation of margin calculation by products
Implementation of the solution
Rians has chosen the Oracle PBCS solution.
Nell’Armonia has supported Rians in the implementation of the project in order to respond to the various challenges :
- Follow-up of the actual, budget construction, estimated.
- Analysis of the Turnover 4 Net tariff descent with about 40 rules on 4 levels.
- Effects analysis (price, volumes, mix).
- Margin analysis by product/country/type of customer.
- Margin calculation by product (1,700 products).
- Distribution of logistical costs by country/product.
- Distribution of fixed costs by network/country/product.
- Integration of JDE actual data and cost prices from the Rians business chain.
- Currency management.
- Elimination of interco (without any level).
- The speed of PBCS implementation has allowed to very quickly produce concrete analyses for the operational team.
- The high storage capacity of PBCS, whether it is on actual or forecast budget elements, has allowed to produce and compare analyses on various scopes.
- The controlling team has quickly acquired autonomy on the solution management and on the production of ad-hoc analyses or a little bit more complex periodical analyses.
The controlling department is now able to focus on figures analysis and no longer on figures production.